I know Fall isn’t technically here according to the calendar, but for me Labor Day weekend signals the end of Summer and the beginning of Fall. I love this time of year, and this transition is my favorite, probably because I just can’t get enough of Summer and Fall!
Honestly, this summer was one for the record books. While I had a lot going on (more on my whole story later), I enjoyed myself in a way I haven’t in a really long time. I spent so much time with my family and friends, and it was so necessary and so good for my soul.
So for today’s Tuesday Ten I’m going to share ten of my favorite summer memories with y’all! And believe me, there are WAY more than ten, but I just wanted to share some of my favs :)
1. When your boyfriend tells you, after an amazing lazy day in the lake, to get ready for dinner, but where we’re going is a surprise, you get ready as fast as you can and sprint to the car! But first you take a selfie. If you ever have the chance, definitely check out the Twisted Rooster! Tim and I are fans for life
2. We go to at least one West Michigan Whitecaps game a year, and I absolutely love them! There’s not a bad seat in the stadium, they have awesome food, and a frozen strawberry daiquiri is always on the menu. Plus, we usually catch a game with fireworks after.
3. Seeing Book of Mormon with my best friend Melissa was a blast. If you’re ever looking to go to a Broadway show PLEASE check out the Wharton Center. I’m biased and obsessed due to working for the Wharton Center Student Marketing Organization and seeing so many shows (Broadway shows, for $25 per ticket) while I was at MSU. Find an MSU student to buy tickets for you. Seriously. It’s just $25 per ticket. And Book of Mormon. Oh lawdy. It was hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Don’t go if you’re easily offended or easily made uncomfortable by off color jokes (it’s from the creators of South Park), but this is a show I would go see again. And I’d bring Tim. Because he would enjoy it.
4. Fourth of July weekend was the bomb.com yo. Seriously. My biffle Kaitlyn, my baby sister came and brought two new friends to introduce to all of us, SO MUCH delish food. Volleyball, wave running, so many fireworks. It was amazing. And I spent it with some of my absolutely favorite people.
5. Y’all I had the most amazing weekend with these girls. My soul sisters for real. #UABforlife I honestly don’t know what I would have done without these three the past three years. Kaitlyn, Rikki, Steph, if you’re reading this- I hope you know how much I love you.
6. Oh my goodness. The dinners my dad makes. He’s a grillmaster and I loved eating dinner with him and my mom whenever I was home this summer. His fajitas were one of my absolute favorite meals!
7. There is nothing in the world like the feeling of being in Spartan Stadium. Especially for the first game. I get teary eyed. No joke. Sorry not sorry. I love Spartan football, and the atmosphere is out of this world. I’m SO EXCITED for this season! Tim and I are so ready!
8. Cindy came to visit from Arizona! Seriously so much fun. When I talked in my previous post about being blessed because of all the wonderful people Tim has brought into my life? Well Cindy and her incredible family are some of those people. This woman will make you laugh like no other. Also, if you want me to pick you up from the airport whenever I make a pretty cool sign.
9. My baby sister turned 21! Way more on that here, of course, but I’m so proud of her. Twenty one and her senior year of college. Is there a better time? I’ve been there. There really isn’t.
10. Jenna and Richie got married!! Team UAB had the BEST TIME. I really can’t put into words how amazing the people are that UAB brought into my life. But that’s a story for another day : )
I hope you had an absolutely fabulous summer! I’d love to hear about some of your favorite summer memories!